Wednesday, June 11, 2008

20 minute catch-up

I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth. I just haven't entered the blogging world for a few months. For the few of you that occasionally check our blog, here is what is going on in our lives (and I am going to try and do this in 20 minutes - yeah right).






GRAND JUNCTION, COLORADO
We are moving the end of July. We haven't really talked or thought much about our upcoming move because we love Taos. We haven't been ready to emotionally check out yet. Last week we went house hunting and found a lovely house (complete with a guest room). One of my favorite parts of the house was this pedestal sink. This is the only glimpse of our home you get-if you want more, come visit any time after August!









TAOS

Just one reason why we will REALLY miss this place. I took this picture in May about 100 steps out of our front door. BEAUTIFUL!

CARLSBAD CAVERNS

In southern New Mexico there are some caves that are gi-normous. I know that probably isn't a word but enormous just didn't describe exactly how big these caves are! Just one room in the cave has a perimeter of 1.6 miles. Think of 14 football fields and you have an idea of the size of these caves. You can see the entrance behind the kiddos. We went about a month ago and just today Carter said, "Mom? Big cave is fun, huh?" Good times had by all.

It was REALLY bright when we came out of the caves!


On the way home we drove through Roswell, New Mexico. This is only one of MANY crazy alien paraphernalia found throughout that town. It was pretty comical - definitely worth sharing!

Bet cha didn't know that the real Smokey the Bear was born in New Mexico. He is now buried here. Another pit-stop on our way home from Carlsbad.

PRESTON

A.K.A. "Snaggel-tooth" finally lost another tooth. That thing hung around like that for FAR too long! We came up with lots of different ways to get it out, but he didn't go for any of them.

LAUREN

Oh yeah baby! She is still preparing for a career in fashion creativity (I think that is a better description of just what Lauren does with clothes than fashion designer).

CARTER

I absolutely love this kid. He has taken up calling me "Ang" and dad is "Kennan". Am I a bad mom if I call him bossy at least once a day? Here he is mutilating our pizza dough. No worries - I had enough so we didn't have to use his.




Spring in New Mexico = WIND

Spring in Taos has been beautiful. I love spring. The flowers, the bright-green grass, the budding trees, what is not to love? I have found something. Wind! It is so windy here! The wind in April was fine, I tolerated the wind in May, and now I am just plain sick of it! Today Lauren asked what is good about wind...Trying to be Patty Positive, I told her windmills which she pointed out that there aren't any in Taos. After that, I was stumped! Even Preston couldn't come up with another positive thing about all this stinkin wind. I guess I could have said flying kites :)



CRESTED BUTTE
For Spring Break (way back in April), we went to Crested Butte, Colorado. It was one of my favorite vacations EVER. We skied, swam, ate, and skied. Since we already have ski pictures on our blog, here are some of the other highlights of the trip:




The indoor/outdoor pool was super fun. Even super-cold-water-wimp (that would be me) braved the outdoor pool. Kennan lost a few $$ when he bet the kids to go and lay in the snow for 10 seconds. I didn't play that game.



Easter egg hunts in the hotel room. Lauren loved her Easter dress which she promptly put on. It took Preston forever to find his Easter basket - that Easter Bunny is really clever and hid it in a sneaky spot!









By the way - this took WAY longer then 20 minutes!

9 comments:

Christina said...

Angie, what I love most about this whole post (other than the fact it is new!!!) is your feet on the toilet in the first photo! Classic! Glad all is well. We still miss you here in MI.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Love it Ang! I got your message and am so excited your moving!!!!! Taos looks beautiful. I love the picture of your bathroom too!!! Your family is adorable and I have to admit that looking at the snaggle tooth made me a feel a little funny inside!! Great shot! I hope all is well and if you need any help moving, Brad and I will be there in a second.

Rick B. said...

Angie, Fun update! I love Carlsbad Caverns!!!! Did you get to White Sands?? That is another one of my favorite spots. It feels like you are driving on snow packed roads in the middle of summer. Good luck with your move...still wish it was to ID! Oh, well. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful experience in Taos...(another one of my favorite spots!)Can you tell I am a New Mexico girl?? You will love Colorado too! Make sure you go to the sand dunes! Spring is the best time.
Kris Bullock
PS Eat lots of New Mexican food for me!

Rick B. said...

Angie, Fun update! I love Carlsbad Caverns!!!! Did you get to White Sands?? That is another one of my favorite spots. It feels like you are driving on snow packed roads in the middle of summer. Good luck with your move...still wish it was to ID! Oh, well. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful experience in Taos...(another one of my favorite spots!)Can you tell I am a New Mexico girl?? You will love Colorado too! Make sure you go to the sand dunes! Spring is the best time.
Kris Bullock
PS Eat lots of New Mexican food for me!

Rick B. said...

Angie, Fun update! I love Carlsbad Caverns!!!! Did you get to White Sands?? That is another one of my favorite spots. It feels like you are driving on snow packed roads in the middle of summer. Good luck with your move...still wish it was to ID! Oh, well. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful experience in Taos...(another one of my favorite spots!)Can you tell I am a New Mexico girl?? You will love Colorado too! Make sure you go to the sand dunes! Spring is the best time.
Kris Bullock
PS Eat lots of New Mexican food for me!

Sarah Bisel said...

Sweet Angie..even though we can never actually talk to each other on the phone, I am glad you updated your blog. I love it! Love the pics. Your kids are darling!

Kenn and Natalie said...

Angie, it's so fun to read about your cute family. We miss you and my boys are excited that you are going to live in Colorado too,even if its still far. We are loving the sunshine!

Natalie

Mary said...

Mark and I took a detour to Taos and Carlsbad Caverns once and fell in love immediately with the town. I can see why it will be hard to leave such a beautiful place with so much character. Good luck with the move. I'm sure you will find just as many good things about your future home. (I love your sink too).

JaNae said...

Is this the guest room bath? How do we book the room???? Love your blog. Miss you guys like crazy.

By the way, it takes more than 20 minutes to blog when you're trying to recapture months of your life at a time.