Thursday, March 27, 2008

Future fashion designer?

Check out these ensembles. . .

Lauren has found her drawers are an unending treasure trove of fun and funky color combinations. Just check out a few of her, ummm, creations. And believe it or not, I let her go out in her consortium of colors.

There have been times in a past life that Lauren would dress herself. She would inevitably end up in something that was the most colorful combination possible. I was fine with her combinations, as long as we weren't going somewhere. If we went somewhere, I would "suggest" that she change one item. It went something like this, "Lauren, would you like to change your shirt into this one that I picked out and go to the store with me?" Then we moved to Taos. There are so many reasons that I love Taos (perhaps that should be a topic of a future blog). Just one of those things is that everyone accepts everyone as they are without judgement. Preston's school is chuck full of kids with bed head and mismatched, wrinkled clothing. Quite frankly, the town has it's fair share of adults who look the same...I have seen kids with dread locks here (and lots of adults too). The town is full of very "Taos-ish" kids, who obviously dress themselves. It is difficult to explain but I find it absolutely and completely refreshing.

Kennan and I have talked about what life will be like when we move away from this place. Will I change back into the mom who cringes when her daughter wears red striped tights, a pink floral skirt with a blue and green shirt under a multi-striped poncho? I hope not. Our house is much happier when Lauren dresses herself and I let her keep on what she chooses. You know the whole, pick your battles thing...

11 comments:

Sarah Bisel said...

She's beautiful, and perfect. I love it.

Cindy Tadje said...

I love her outfits!!! I think that you should let her dress herself all the time. It cracks me up and shows so much of her personality. I love you Lauren!

JaNae said...

I have been looking for a fashion consultant! Is she looking for a job?

We struggle in the extreme opposite way. Justin BEGS to wear the same comfy outfit day in and day out. I BEG him to give me a day to wash it, and then he can wear it again for another week!

Glad to see you bloggin a bit more. I love and miss you all so much!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

SOO CUTE! Tell her I need some help with my wardrobe and would love her to come back to Montrose to help me out!! Also, congrats on GJ! So excited to have you closer to us! YEAH!

kiki said...

Great pictures!

Senta

kiki said...

Great pictures!

Senta

Jo Romero said...

Cute! cute cute cute! I can't wait to see the next post...say Septemberish?/? It's like once every six months ya? J/k. Cute family guys! Hope your loving NM the land of enchantment! Jo (Cummings)

kiki said...

When are you guys moving to CO?

Senta

Christina said...

Angie, are you still there? :) Getting ready for the move yet?

JaredandJaclyn said...

Amanda said she looks like a movie star. Very cute! We miss you guys tons!

Mary said...

I love the striped tights. Great outfits!