If you know me, you know how much I love the whole Christmas card process. I love making our Christmas cards. I love receiving Christmas cards (hint-hint). I love seeing how friends and families have changed. I just love everything about it (except addressing the envelopes). I was a bit distraut this year when I realized that we didn't have a family picture (again). I was even more frustrated when I realized that we had about 2 pictures of all three kids together. No worries I told myself - I'll just take one. I tried MULTIPLE times and Carter didn't want to have anything to do with it. Every time I tried to take his picture, he would shout "NO!" and at the least would turn his back to the camera or even better, he would run the other way.
Here are just a few of my attempts to get just the perfect shot...
This is Carter playing the "Go Limp" game. Boy, was that a fun one.
No, we do not have a baboon as a child...
This was one solution, but something just doesn't look quite right...
We went on a walk just after it had snowed. I thought to myself what a great Christmas card picture-all of us bundled up like one big happy, cozy family. I wanted to see if Carter would let me take his picture so I said, "Carter, say cheese!" He promptly turned away from the camera...
The picture I used for our card was nice - it just wasn't quite what I had invisioned. Better luck next year!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Christmas Cards
Posted by
Angie
at
10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You make me laugh so hard! Your card looks great. I love it.
YOur card looks so nice! Where did you order it from? I REALLY like it!
I miss you.
This is my favorite post! We had a similar experience...I wonder if we will have a decent picture of our family in the next 10 years??? Your card/letter was great. Thanks for keeping us up to date - we love the Vance Family.
Ang I hope one of those is coming to me! So cute! If you could please email me your address I would love it! lezleestrong@yahoo.com
Loved all the pics! So cute!
I just went through the exact same thing with my girls. I was LIVID with little Malia because if she wasn't acting too silly, she had her finger JAMMED up her nose. Eh...go figure.
Anyway, your Christmas cards turned out beautifully!
LOL!! That post was awesome.
Senta
I'm just hapy to see that A: you stress over the CC photo as much as I do and B: Ihave posted more recently than you have-ha ha ha! I'm notorious for the once a month update! Miss you guys-the kids are cute as ever and I thought your photo was really sweet.
Post a Comment