So I do not know if this will be a blogger come-back. But it is definitely a step in the right direction.
We are here in Grand Junction, Colorado and we absolutely love it. Aside from this last weekend (I have been sick all weekend and I am tired of feeling like I have been hit by a Mac truck). There are blue skies on the horizon, I am feeling better.
Here is a quick catch up with the us:
KENNAN - Joined a practice with 5 other doctors and loves it. (read: HUGE sigh of relief). Did you know that over 50% of orthopedic surgeons change practices within the first 2 years of starting? I didn't know that (until last year) and I am happy to say that we will be the part of the statistic that stays with the first group. It was a bit of an adjustment for Kennan to realize that he was "the doctor". Throughout all of his training, he has always had someone looking over his shoulder. And now that is over. I do have to say that he is adjusting well.
ANGIE - What to say? Still doing well. Actually, I am doing great. I love it here in GJ. Great friends. Great place to live with TONS to do. I am sure that you are thinking to yourself, "Grand Junction. I think that I have driven through there on my way from Salt Lake to Denver. All I remember is that there is a whole lot of nothin' and a gas station." Yes, you could be thinking that to yourself (that is what I thought before I moved here). But this place is a glorious place. There are tons of great things that we love to do in our backyard: mountain biking, hiking, skiing, lots and lots of recreating. Kennan and I bought new mountain bikes before we bought furniture. . . okay so we still haven't bought furniture and don't know if we will in the near or not so near future thanks to my sister's hand-me-downs. Whoa! That was a bit of a tangent. We will stop there with my catch up.
KIDS - All doing well. Kids adjusted fantastic to our new house, school and neighborhood. For the first time EVER we are in a neighborhood with kids. Believe it or not, it has been hard for me to get used to. I am not used to kids coming and going. I am not used to my kids being with their friends more than they are with me. I am getting used to it, slowly.
Preston on the terrain park at Powderhorn (a little but fun ski resort close to us).
Everything is still a song and a dance to Lauren. Something that drives her older brother absolutely crazy and something that her mom loves. Here she is singing the Cinderella song while wiping up the floor. It took her about 30 minutes to do a job that should have taken her about 7 minutes.
Here my little thinker is usin' that noggin of hers. All that extra time she used singing, dancing and twirling earlier was easily made up with this system.
One big bonus of no furniture is lots of room to play. I love this action shot. Carter was yelling, "Cannon-ball!" as he hurled himself onto Preston.
So there you have it. Our "Splendid Chaos" in a nut shell.
8 comments:
YEAH!!! Angie's alive! And Blogging! It's a miracle! Thanks for the updates. So glad to have this way of keeping in touch and staying up with you guys again. We're thrilled you love your new home, job, and location. Wishing you the best.
Your kids look wonderful! And so happy to hear the updates. I actually have family in Grand Junction and it's a wonderful place. So glad you landed there. We look forward to keeping up a little more.
Glad to see that you all are alive!
So glad you finally updated. I love little Lauren and her theatrics. If it gets too be too much for Preston please send her across the way to my little stage. Love the picture of Preston. I am so glad Kaden hasn't dared try the terrain park yet.
I love the pictures. Your kitchen looks nice:) And when did Lauren start looking so grown up? She looks like she is Preston's age. What a cutie! Miss you guys tons!
I'm glad you are liking Grand Junction! Its great that Kennan is liking his job and that you can "settle" for a while. Your kids look cute, as always and I LOVE your kitchen!!
welcome back!
senta
I am beginning to think you do a yearly update on this blog :)
Senta
Post a Comment