Ahhhh, the sweet chaos of moving. We are currently packing up our house in preparation for our move to Grand Junction, Colorado. Lucky for us, we get to have professional movers do it for us this time. The stress level is SOOOO much different this move. They come and pack up our stuff this weekend and the truck pulls away from Taos on Monday. We are staying here until Wednesday because Kennan has to work. We will drive to GJ on Wednesday and close on our house on Thursday. YIPPEE!
This move is such a bitter-sweet experience. This moment has been 16 years in the making - 6 years at BYU, 4 years in med school in California, 1 year internship in Philadelphia, 4 years residency in Michigan, and 1 year fellowship in New Mexico. I always thought I would be crawling out of my skin with excitement at this stage in our lives, but I am not. Don't get me wrong, we are so excited about moving to GJ, we are just so sad to leave the experiences of Taos behind. I am at a loss of words to even describe how I'm feeling. Maybe I'll try again later...Crazy stuff...
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Move date finalized
Posted by
Angie
at
10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I want details ang of phone numbers and address!! I can't wait to come and see you guys! If you need any help let me know! I am more than willing to make a trip up there!!!
Wow- that's exciting! It is hard to imagine that it's finally here, but here we are. Both our husbands with "real" jobs. Who would have ever thought? We will definitely have to swing over to Grand Junction sometime to visit you guys and the Jolleys. So let us know when you are all unpacked and we'll be over :)
Not to mention all of the summer escapades to the south. Ang, did you mention you did it all with kids too. You are amazing!!! When you get settled and before they put you to work as the RS pres or whatever...and after this baby comes and before Richard and Cheryl start their cruise around the world...Come and see us in Vegas for a girls weekend. We need to catch up, and you can relax!
I know what you mean about moving. It's hard to put into words all of the mixed emotions. Hang in there and good luck!
I found your blog on Jolynn's blog. Isn't blogging so great! Awesome way to catch up. I would love to invite you to our blog, so send me your email address. We'll see you in a few days! Russ says to say hi to his cuz.
Carrie Cummings
So the Taos mountain got into your blood? Watch out, you will be back some day! We miss you too. It's been a crazy week with the Indian Market in Santa Fe, but we a glad to still be getting a paycheck this month. Stay well and happy, T & J Welter
Angie, I'm totally experiencing those same emotions right now, yet our road only took us 7 years, not 16! You win! Student life is so fun, especially knowing that nothing is permanent and that there is always something new and exciting around the corner and something big and wonderful to look forward to at the end...a real job! It is awesome to finally be in a home of our own and to have a paycheck but we miss so many of our friends and the places we fell in love with along the way! They will always be such sweet memories! Best of luck getting settled! I'm so jealous you and Lezlee will be so close!
Post a Comment